Jan 13, 2014

Myrmecoid Monday

myrmecoid ~ antlike

Wow. Back to another Monday. Where did the week go? Oh, that's right. I pretty much sleep it away. ;-)

The sinus cold I had last weekend stayed with me pretty much throughout the week. And then just as I started feeling better I got hit out of the blue with a stomach virus on Sunday. NOT COOL! I'm really hoping all that bad stuff is out of my system now and I'll be able to catch up on all the stuff I've fallen behind with.

But I learned something new last week. Know what's worse than grocery shopping when people are panic buying for a (non-existent) impending storm? Shopping in the afternoon when there's a dollar sale going on. Scary!

It warmed up here on the weekend and we've been having rain off and on for the last couple of days. Rain on top of ice makes for some incredibly slippery footing, but the ice is slowly giving up. Hopefully it'll be gone and the ground will be dried up a bit before the next freeze hits. Which is scheduled for about Wednesday. *sigh*

Blog Stuff
Tuesday: The signs of the Zodiac series is finished and I think for the time being I'm going to give myself a bit of a break and not post on Tuesdays for a while.
Wednesday: Here's where we come to another change. I've already changed by not posting hunks any more, but I'm going to shake things up a bit more, I think. I'm moving my reading post to Friday, and today will be Wildcard Wednesday. This could be a flash story, a snippet of something else I've written, a poem, maybe even a picture or two. It will be as much a surprise to me as it will to you. ;-)
Thursday: Chapter six of my new draft serial, Earth - book IV of the Ardraci Elementals.
Friday: What I'm reading.

Other Stuff
Despite hovering around death's door last week, I did manage to get one of the three stories I have to edit (for someone else) done. She writes very cleanly, so it shouldn't be any problem to get the other two done ASAP. And that's first up on my list.

Next on my list is to finish a couple of presents that didn't get done, one of them not being the afghan I'm doing for my daughter. It's not that I wouldn't like to get it finished, and I did work on it over the weekend, it's just that I've run out of the medium brown wool again and I won't be able to get any more until next week.

After that it's full steam ahead on the edits/rewrites of Water. I'm really getting impatient to get it done and out to my readers. Then it's back to work on the sequel to Magical Misfire, which is entitled Lucky Dog.

It would really help if the sun would come out to play this week, but I'm not counting on it. Maybe I could stick a couple of 100 watt bulbs in the light in my office. That would really help with my productivity. :-)

Now, where can I get a hazmat suit to keep those pesky germs away from me?

No comments: